Unfortunately, we leave for Europe early tomorrow and I didn't find any time to post about our last Europe excursion. Life is rough. Posting is first on my agenda when we return. Promise.
And by early tomorrow, I mean early. Our flight is at 6 am, thus we have to get up at 2:30 am. So you don't have to do any complicated math, it's 10:30pm now (=4 hours sleep). But I wanted to make sure to post something, at least something quick, before we leave so you know I didn't already forget about my blog. Don't worry, I'm doing what any sensible person would do to save time and mental function in the morning--sleeping in my clothes.
Israel is a special place in a lot of ways. There is so much history here for so many different groups of people. But it's also special in other ways. Lots of things happen here that wouldn't happen anywhere else. I've decide to start a list, and will add on when I see or think of more.
1. Men and women walking around in regular clothes with machine guns.
2. Cars routinely parked on the sidewalk.
3. When something is wrong with a product at the grocery store, the checker asks the customer to go get another.
4. Cars honking at a police car because the police car doesn't move quickly enough on a green light. All 5 or 6 cars behind the police car.
5. The necessity of looking in dumpsters for stray cats before throwing anything in.
Bed time.
No comments:
Post a Comment